Cyber Security course, necessary skills for navigating safely on the internet
Welcome to the digital age, where technology permeates our lives and cybersecurity is crucial. In this world, we store our most sensitive information online, conduct financial transactions electronically, and communicate with loved ones worldwide. However, these digital conveniences also come with evolving threats. As educators, it is our job to equip ourselves and our students with the necessary knowledge and tools to navigate the digital landscape safely and responsibly.
This is a 2hr online or presential course.
This workshop is like a 'digital shield training'. We will provide you not only with knowledge, but also with practical tools and strategies to thrive in the digital age. We'll start by diving into the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity, and understanding why it's so vital in our technology-driven world. We prepare you for today's challenges with interactive activities and practical exercises.
Amid all the digital threats, phishing is like a cunning villain. We'll explore in depth what phishing is, how to spot it, and how to protect your students from the traps of sites, apps, and emails that pretend to be something they're not. We'll also arm you with tips to protect your privacy online. And we'll even take a quick look at ethical hacking, because understanding how the mindsets of both cyber defenders and attackers work takes us a step forward.
To conclude, we will tackle the modern evil of cyberbullying. We discuss briefly, but above all offer concrete tips to combat this form of intimidation. Let's pass on the tools for digital invulnerability together.
After this session you will:
- necessary skills to avoid having your account hacked
- understand and be able to represent the key concepts of cybersecurity and their implications in the digital age;
- apply tips for recognizing and defending against common cyber threats and attacks;
- skills to identify and prevent phishing attempts in various digital forms (email, websites, etc.);
- be able to secure your digital footprint and personal information through practical exercises (correct passwords, software, etc.);
- gain insight into ethical hacking techniques and how they contribute to cybersecurity;
- get an idea of the impact of cyberbullying and how you can limit its effects with your students by offering them some actions
A gift for Comundos
Over the years, Comundos has helped remote communities around the world by teaching critical thinking, media literacy and the use of communication technology.
To do this effectively, we need your support for computers, translations, courses and social media management.
Thank you .
BE11 1030 2973 8248